Wednesday, July 1, 2009

LUCKY ROCK - and WATCH OUT FOR THE CLIFF



June 20, 2009


During our long walk around and down LuShan we passed the place where the Lucky Rock was drawing crowds. Our guide explained that it is believed that touching the rock three times will give luck, or walking around it in a complete circle three times will also provide luck. I asked what if I did both, and Coby said probably I would have double luck. Since Marilyn had recently lost her job and needed a new one, and I can always use some good luck, we did both. The rock was worn smooth from so many hands rubbing it for luck.
I had to take a picture of this caution sign....note the little character falling head first off the cliff.....it was one of the funnier warning signs I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment